Friday, April 15, 2011

Brown Bear Quilt - So Precious! - Part II

So, all of my fabric finally arrived and I cut up the Brown Bear panel and here's my step-by-step:
1. This pattern and all of the fabric was found at fatquartershop.com 
2. I like to cut all of my pieces first and then sew.  It keeps me better organized and I can clean up (a little!) in between.

3. I organized all of the blocks and put all of the ones that were supposed to be grouped, together. (I did mine according to the actual flow of the book.  The pattern doesn't show it that way though. I thought it would be more fun to read the book aloud while sitting on your cool blanket.)
4. I sewed the blocks together using a 1/4" seam

5. I laid out the entire quilt in the order I wanted to sew them


6. Then I connected them all.

7. Here's my completed top


8. I used fusible batting because I hate to baste and am currently working on quilting the whole thing.  I really don't like quilting it myself because I am far too critical of my work, but I figure for this one I could practice some free motion.  I will post some examples when I finish.  At this point, I have to MAKE myself work on it for 15 minutes at a time and then am allowed to work on another project. (Right now the Roses of Remembrance Block of the Month is taking up my time and I LOVE IT!) I'll blog about it later. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment