Friday, July 15, 2011

I finished my three nephew's quilts!

Well, their birthday is in September, but I put a rush on finishing them to be able to bring them with me on our trip to Washington. I packed them in the empty dog kennel which we will be filling up on our return with our new Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy, Ginger.

Here's the first one:
This was the Eric Carle "Brown Bear fabric" and the pattern was free from the fat quarter shop.
Brown Bear Quilt for Brody


Of course, when I was laying out the quilt to take pictures, Bella, our other Ridgeback, had to join in.



I actually quilted the whole thing myself.  I got better at the meandering as I practiced.  I loved my new hoop and extended table.  They made it a lot easier.

Here are the other two quilts.  Brevin and Bronson are twins, so I used Moda's Lily and Will layer cakes to make these crazy quilts.  I quilted them myself too, cutting down a bit on the cost of the quilt.



1 comment: