Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Progressive Dinner

There is going to be a Progressive Dinner this Friday night for 35 people. I am supposed to bring appetizers to serve 24.  I found a cheese ring recipe that sounds really good. I will take photos when I actually finish it. I'll also let you know the buzz on how it actually tasted.

Cheese Ring with Strawberry Preserves
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese - Grated
1 cup toasted and chopped pecans
1 cup (or a little more) mayonnaise
1 small grated onion
Salt/Pepper/Tobasco sauce (to taste)
Strawberry preserves.

1. Toast pecans in oven and then chop
2. Grate cheese and onion in cuisinart
3. Mix cheese, mayonnaise, onion and salt/pepper/Tobasco
4. Form into a ring and then press chopped pecans all around it.
5. When you serve it, put a small dish of strawberry preserves in a bowl in the center. The sweetness and cheddar really complement each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment